Who we are
The residents of Leonard enjoy and preserve the local history and buildings, some of which date back to the creation of the Village. The Village actively plans to maintain the rural atmosphere.
Leonard is a general law Village that was incorporated in 1884 under the laws of the State of Michigan.
Located in northern Oakland County it is served by Rochester Road which bisects the Village east - west axis, and Leonard Road which bisects the north - south axis. The Village is named after Leonard Rowland who platted the original property for a Village. He donated the construction of the Village Hall after the honor was bestowed of having the Village named after him.
"Welcome to Leonard! A rural community located in Addison Township in the Northeast area of Oakland County, Michigan.